All who are living on this earth are living in a fear, fear of failure, to be precise – startup failures. Everyone wants to succeed in whatever they do but they don’t want to face failure. An average person, always sees the success of a startup (e.g. Airbnb, Facebook, Uber) but he never realizes that how much failures, how much patience and hard work was there in achieving that success. No one gets on the top without stepping on the stairs of failures, we are just exposed to a person’s success not the struggle he has faced in his entire life to achieve that immense success.
Duo to this incomplete & immature attitude of seeing only the success of a startup and not struggle behind it, we have become afraid of failures. We think that only those who have become successful could have done this, not us. From our adolescence, we are taught that committing mistakes is bad, so as a result we have become more & more averse to failures. Due to this fear, we even stop trying new things, opening new ventures, exploring the untamed domains etc. The role of the biggest enemy is played by our mind which recollects the pain of past failures and invoke negative feelings in our mind whenever we try to think something new or different.
As a matter of fact, the above statement can be verified from the fact that in India around 200 startups are started every day while in China around 12000 startups begin daily. This might not be pin perfect data but overall this scenario is like this only.
If J.K. Rowling would have thought like this she would have never became the award winning author of the best selling novel ‘Harry Potter’.
So, setbacks and failures are the inevitable part of our lives, no one can grow without facing failures in life.
Here are Some ways To overcome Failure one may face in his/her startup adventure:-
1. Accepting that failure is a step towards success if you’ll fail once you know what you don’t need to do and that is where you accept that you are a step towards your success.
2. By Being Brutally Honest With Your Self as being honest with yourself is very as if you’ll not tell yourself the truth about the failure there are very less chances of your success.
3. Train your mind failure is the part of the process because there is process of everything, everything and everyone has to get prepared before handling success and for that failure is also important.
4. By failing forward , failing is important but you have to make sure that you are failing a bit closer to your success.
5. By Always thinking about the lessons you got from the failure , whenever we fail we find a method to not do that thing. We need to see the positivity in the failure to find the lessons.
6. By not doing the same mistakes as if we have learnt that what mistakes we have done so we have to make sure not to repeat those again.
7. It’s better to do something and make mistakes then doing nothing, it’s very important to try new things and fail rather than wasting your time because if you’ll try it’s obvious to get some experience out it.
8. We must remember that the enemy of success is the fear of failure as the people who Always disagree to try new things are the ones who never succeed as they have no experience of failure and no passion for success.
9. If You Need advice don’t be shy in asking for help. Most of the people fail because they didn’t get right advice at the right time and they make some decisions for themselves which can cause them some disappointment.
10. We are the products of our past and And no. our failures defines the worth of our success the more we fail the more we crave for success that is why tasting failure is more vital to taste success.